TrinityKids Care, a program of Providence TrinityCare Hospice, is the only dedicated pediatric hospice program in Los Angeles and Orange counties for infants, children and adolescents with life-limiting illnesses. TrinityKids Care, one of the few children's hospice programs in California, provides in-home care and support for young patients and their families.
TrinityKids Care offers:
- Pain control, symptom management and end-of-life comfort care
- An on-call nurse, social worker and chaplain, 24 hours, seven days-a-week
- Hospice physician consultation
- Family counseling
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Help in obtaining medicine, supplies and equipment for the child
- Assistance with the child's practical needs such as feeding and bathing
- Supportive services for the child's siblings
- Grief and loss support
No one is turned away from TrinityKids Care due to lack of insurance or inability to pay. TrinityKids Care is reimbursed by Medi-Cal and most commercial health plans.
TrinityKids Care offers comfort and care to the pediatric or adolescent patient, to the parents, and to the immediate and extended family. The TrinityKids Care team works closely with the parents and family whenever possible to care for the child in the familiar and comforting surroundings of home. At Providence TrinityCare Hospice, we understand the impact of a seriously ill child on the life of a family.
Your TrinityKids Care team will be your partner in care helping you, the parent, make the best decisions for your child. Your TrinityKids Care team includes a medical director, registered nurse, social worker, chaplain, home health aide and a specially trained community volunteer to you and your family. The team will work hand-in-hand with your child's physician and with other health care providers involved in your child's care to coordinate health services.