A Commitment to Individual Care
Providence Little Company of Mary offers a full-spectrum of home health services, including but not limited to:
Patient assessment and monitoring, patient/family teaching, intravenous therapy, wound care management, catheter care, pain management, oral medication management, and injections.
Exercises and training to restore safe, functional mobility including: safe use of equipment such as canes and walkers, and home safety and fall prevention education and training.
Exercises and training to improve speech and language disorders, assessment of and training to address swallowing problems, and interventions to address cognitive disorders/deficits.
Exercises and training to restore activities of daily living such as grooming, dressing, bathing and meal preparation, bathroom safety, and energy conservation. Assessment and training in use of adaptive devices.
Medical Social Worker
Community Resources (meals and transportation), assists patients and families with social, emotional and financial concerns, and assists with government applications such as MediCal, IHHS, and SSI. Medical social workers also assist with long-term options planning for seniors and their family.
Home Health Aide
Assists with personal care including bathing.
Psychosocial assessment and interventions for patients with mental illness or mental distress.
Management of Heart Failure Program
Disease management of patients with heart failure that includes assessment, monitoring, evaluation, patient education, and assistance to self-manage medication and treatment regime.
Post-operative Joint Replacement
Home safety evaluation, exercises and physical therapy prior to joint replacement surgery.
Common Diagnoses Treated by Providence Little Company of Mary
- Cardiac: congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, myocardial infarction, hypertension, atrial fibrillation
- Orthopedics: degenerative joint disease, bone fractures
- Neurological: Stroke, Parkinson's, dementia/Alzheimer's disease
- Skin: decubitus ulcers, chronic wounds, cellulitis, non-healing surgical wounds, burns
- Endocrine: diabetes
- Respiratory: emphysema, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia
- Mental disorders: depression, psychosis, schizophrenia, dementia
- Renal: renal insufficiency/failure
- Infections: MRSA, MSSA, urinary tract infection
- Gastrointestinal: liver cirrhosis, intestinal perforation