The Providence Little Company of Mary Women's Imaging Center, located in Torrance, uses advanced technology to provide coordinated, comprehensive and convenient health care services provided by our highly qualified staff, and is MQSA Certified*.
With advanced technology and expert radiologists, the Women's Imaging Center provides:
- Full field digital screening mammography systems that detect breast cancer early, when it's easier to treat and uses low radiation doses while still providing extremely high quality, detailed images.
- Breast MRI imaging available for certain patients including those with breast implants.
- Digital diagnostic breast evaluations for those cases requiring additional attention.
- New and upgraded ultrasound equipment dedicated to breast sonograms which analyze breast elasticity. This provides the radiologists with more information resulting in clearer interpretations and hence a lower need for biopsies.
- Non-surgical biopsy techniques.
- Expert radiologists who specialize in interpreting breast images and providing second opinion consultation services.
At the Providence Little Company of Mary Women's Imaging Center, our compassionate, personal care includes coordinated breast cancer management with a nurse practitioner to assist in the facilitation and coordination of your care, education and referrals. We also provide second opinion consultation services, consultation concierge and treatment planning services, an informative and compassionate survivorship group facilitated by our licensed marriage and family therapist, as well as educational programs and complimentary classes. Gently used wigs and prostheses are available free of charge, as needed.
to learn more about MQSA Certification.
Guidelines for Your Exam
The Providence Little Company of Mary Women's Imaging Center offers several different types of exams using technologically advanced equipment. Each exam has its own guidelines and some require special instructions, which will be given when your exam is scheduled. Here are a few general guidelines that apply to all imaging exams:
- Notify your physician and the Women's Imaging Center staff if there is any chance that you may be pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your examination in order to complete your registration and provide additional health information if necessary.
- Wear comfortable clothing, avoid wearing jewelry or other metallics as they may interfere with the accuracy of the image, and be prepared to change into a patient gown. Bring prior X-rays or scans with you to the exam if you are instructed to do so.
- Communicate any special needs - such as physical limitations - before your exam.
- Check with us in advance regarding your recovery time and whether you'll need a driver after your exam so you can make the necessary arrangements.
- Most of all, try to relax, and know that you're in good hands. We treat people with respect and compassion and we're looking forward to taking great care of you.
For more information about women's services at the Women's Imaging Center, please call (310) 303-7040.
To schedule an appointment, please call (310) 303-6500.
The Women's Imaging Center - Journeys
Breast Cancer Support Group
Meets second Monday of each month from 6:00-8:00pm
Women's Imaging Center
20929 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance, CA 90503