Heart to Heart
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Foundation
Creating a Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
invites your gift in support of Heart to Heart
, a $35M campaign to create a much-needed Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
at our Medical Center in Torrance
- Currently, 20% of South Bay residents are age 55 or older, and the risk for heart disease increases with age.
- PLCMMCT is already treating an average of 32 heart attacks a month.
- An estimated 44 million women in the U.S. are affected by cardiovascular disease.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke.
- Only 2% of people under age 65 have Arial Fibrillation (AF); that increases to 9% after 65.
COMMITTED TO PROVIDE YOU THE CARE YOU REQUIRE:
Did you know?
Currently, more than 30% of patients who live in the geographic area served by Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Centers in Torrance and San Pedro, Torrance Memorial and other South Bay hospitals seek their cardiac medical care elsewhere – out of our area.
Providence Little Company of Mary is committed to excellence in healthcare and to providing services with grace and compassion. To meet your needs, we are creating a new cardiovascular center of excellence.
Electrophysiology and Interventional Cardiology Labs (Increase of 33%)
- Electrophysiology deals with heart arrhythmias such as AF. Our new electrophysiology lab opened in April, 2017!
- Inpatient electrophysiology will grow 12% in the next decade.
- Outpatient electrophysiology will grow 40% in the same time frame.
- Three more Interventional Cardiology labs are already under construction.
- One is dedicated for emergency service, meeting a critical need for the aging population in South Bay.
- Another will have bi-plane imaging, allowing us to become the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in the South Bay (and only the eighth in Los Angeles County).
- Procedures in these labs include cardiac catheterization, coronary angioplasty, insertion of stents, and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
Outpatient Services (Increase of 40%)
We already see more than 300 outpatient cardiac cases a month. Our new facilities will increase capacity by 40%
Hybrid Operating Room
This highly innovative, high-tech environment for cardiovascular interventional treatment will allow the surgeon to provide uninterrupted care by smoothly transitioning from a minimally-invasive approach to the most complex of surgeries – when care demands it – within the same environment.
Lower Radiation but Clearer Imaging
One of the critically-important results of the Campaign will be categorical upgrades in the quality of imaging available to our cardiologists. The new equipment for the Electrophysiology and Interventional Cardiology Labs uses lower doses of radiation than the machinery that will be replaced, but the images are far more precise.
YOUR GIFT IS AN INVESTMENT IN BETTER HEALTHCARE
FOR YOU AND THOSE YOU LOVE
For additional information please contact
Senior Director of Development and Heart to Heart Campaign Manager
Providence Little Company of Mary Foundation Main Office
4101 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90503