At Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance we are proud to receive recognition for the extraordinary care provided to our patients. Creating a positive environment that accommodates physicians' needs and recognizes their important contributions-from the examination room to the boardroom-results in invaluable partnerships and outstanding patient care.
U.S. News and World Report
U.S. News and World Report recognized Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance among California's best hospitals and the highest ranked hospital in the South Bay, recognized for 10 types of care.
Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance achieves highest honor for Nursing Excellence. The Magnet Recognition Program® is the highest and most prestigious distinction a healthcare organization can receive for nursing. Only 8% of U.S. hospitals earn the Magnet designation, it is the gold standard that represents an organization-wide commitment to a culture where excellence flourishes.
"A" Rating by Leapfrog Group
Received an “A” in Patient Safety from the Leapfrog Group, an independent survey and rating organization ranking hospitals based on national performance measures, including outcomes, processes and standards of care. Receiving an “A” means our hospital has received the highest marks in quality and value, as well as patient safety.
Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Received the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines® Program recognizing the hospital’s commitment and success in implementing and following guidelines proven to produce the best possible outcomes for stroke patients. This is the hospital’s second Gold Plus performance award.
Certificate of Achievement
Received Certificate of Achievement from Patient Safety First, a California Partnership for Health, for reducing the number of premature births at our hospital to help ensure healthy families and healthy communities.
Recipient of the Beacon Award from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses recognizing caregivers who improve patient outcomes through leadership, staff encouragement, learning, knowledge and education, and following best practices for care.
100 Top Hospitals®
Named a Truven Health (formerly Tomson Reuters) 100 Top Hospital, the only South Bay area hospital receive this prestigious award for the second consecutive year. This is a testament to the quality of care we provide and the caliber of our caregivers.
Quality matters and we are proud that Healthgrades has recognized us as a leader in patient care and safety. Healthgrades has ranked Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance as one of America's Top 100 Hospitals for Spine Surgery. We also received five star ratings in prostatectomy, pulmonary, general orthopedics and GI. Thanks to our doctors, nurses and clinicians for their dedication.
Other notable Healthgrades recognitions include:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2013
- Ranked #5 in CA for Spine Surgery in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 5 in CA for Spine Surgery in 2013 (Ranked 5 in 2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Spine Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back and Neck Surgery (except Spinal Fusion) in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Back and Neck Surgery (Spinal Fusion) for 5 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2013
- Individual Recipient of the Healthgrades Prostatectomy Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Prostatectomy for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Five-Star Recipient for Prostatectomy for 2 Years in a Row (2012-2013)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall GI Services in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pancreatitis in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Cholecystectomy in 2013
Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
According to the Healthgrades study, the risk of death is 58% lower at hospitals receiving 5 stars versus all other hospitals. The 2013 performance outcomes are now available free to the public.
The Gold Standard for Stroke Care
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance earned the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. Earning this distinction demonstrates that we have the specialized knowledge, skills and technology in place to optimize outcomes for stroke patients and provide the best possible care - from the emergency department through treatment and recovery. As an Approved Stroke Center we are a first-choice destination for ambulances able to transport, within 30 minutes or less, people with symptoms of acute stroke.