Pediatric Emergency Services
Providence Tarzana Medical Center has the essential resources and capabilities in place to meet the emergency needs of seriously ill and injured children.
Our Emergency Department is EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) and PMC (Pediatric Medical Center) certified by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency. When the 911 system is activated, sick and injured children are taken to hospitals with this designation first.
Our Emergency Department has met the rigorous pediatric emergency care standards required for certification, including:
- Board-certified emergency department physicians
- Nurses and technicians specially trained in pediatric emergency care
- Staffing provision for pediatric consultation to support pediatric emergency care services
- Availability of essential pediatric equipment, supplies and medications
- Implementation of protocols for the treatment of the abused child, critically injured children and those children requiring transfer to a specialized care center
- Incorporation of pediatrics into quality improvement and educational activities