When your child is in need of hospitalization, Providence Tarzana Medical Center provides the level of specialized pediatric services found in dedicated children's hospitals, right here in our San Fernando Valley communities.
In our Pediatric Unit as well as in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, we have partnered with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, named a “best hospital” for children by U.S. News & World Report magazine and awarded Magnet status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This means that all our pediatric units have round-the-clock in-house physician coverage. Together, we can ensure that the care provided for our youngest patients is grounded in leading-edge industry practices and award-winning expertise.
Our pediatric and neonatal services include:
- 18-bed CCS-certified Pediatric Unit
- Seven-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- 21-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with California Children' Services surgery certification
- Inpatient and outpatient pediatric surgeries
- Neonatal clinic (high risk infant follow-up clinic)
- Pediatric diabetic education/support services
- Outpatient imaging (includes pediatric sedation)
Taking a family-centered approach, our pediatric teams work very hard to treat our young patients in a holistic manner, both medically and psychologically. We believe in working as a team to keep you informed and involved in your child's care. Parents are encouraged to ask questions and take an active role in daily activities, such as cuddling, feedings, bathing, diaper changes, and playtime. These routine things help to make a foreign environment a little less scary for a child. We look to parents as partners in practice, and we respect the fact that you are your child's strongest advocate.
Development tracker, checklists and tips for raising healthy kids.