Providence Tarzana Medical Center's advanced, state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging technology enables physicians, radiologists and clinical staff to look inside the body in order to diagnosis, monitor, and treat a wide variety of medical conditions.
The Medical Center's qualified, highly-trained staff offers the following diagnostic services: Computerized Tomography (CT Scans), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), ultrasounds, bone density scans, digital mammograms and x-rays. Our advanced equipment includes:
- Computerized Tomography (CT): GE 64 and 32 slice machines
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): GE 1.5T 8-channel HDX
- Ultrasound: New GE Ultrasound units, including two in the Providence Tarzana Imaging Center, and two in the Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Bone Density: GE Lunar
- X-ray: One x-ray unit at the Providence Tarzana Imaging Center, and several x-ray and fluoroscopy rooms in the Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Digital Mammography: Two Hologic digital units Providence Tarzana Women's Center
Providence Tarzana Imaging services are conveniently provided in the hospital, and in our outpatient imaging centers, all located on the Providence Tarzana Medical Center campus. The Outpatient Imaging Center offers x-rays and ultrasounds. Women can schedule screening and diagnostic digital mammography, breast ultrasounds, breast biopsies, and bone density screenings at the Women's Center. MRIs are provided at the Providence Tarzana MRI Center, and the San Fernando Valley Heart Institute provides 64-slice CT scans, nuclear cardiology stress tests, and echocardiography testing.
At Providence, we use a picture archiving and communication system (PACS) that provides physician viewing of all diagnostic images, including PET/CT and MRI images and patient reports. PACS offers secured access through the Internet and provides physicians with this real-time viewing whether they are at the hospital, in the imaging center or even in their private practice office. PACS also provides an opportunity for physicians to consult on-line regarding an examination in progress, greatly enhancing communications for those delivering care.