Vasek Polak Health Clinic
The Vasek Polak Health Clinic is here to meet the primary care needs of uninsured and under-insured adults. It is an alternative to emergency room care for non-urgent conditions and a “medical home” for adults living in and around the South Bay, particularly those with chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Quality Medical Care
- Clinical staff follows standardized procedures and document patient care in an electronic medical record
- Qualified, board certified nurse practitioners are on staff to evaluate, diagnose and prescribe appropriate medications
- Respectful, patient-centered care provided in a friendly, comfortable environment
- A Medical Director oversees the delivery of medical services and consults regularly with nurse practitioners
- Office visits are $50
- Additional fees for X-ray, lab tests and medical equipment are incurred only with patient approval
- Prescriptions are written with affordability in mind. We will help you find a low-cost pharmacy near where you work or live
- We are open convenient hours on Saturdays
- Scheduled visits (please call for an appointment)
- Walk-in appointments are available every day the clinic is open
- We are open on Saturdays and offer extended weekday hours
- While appointments are preferred, walk-ins are welcome
- Acute illnesses, including flu, strains and sprains, sore throat, sinus infections and coughs• Chronic conditions including hypertension, diabetes and asthma
- Preventive care including physicals and immunizations
- Minor injuries including cuts, lacerations or skin punctures but excluding fractures, head and eye injuries
- Help with referrals beyond the scope of clinic services including connection to public and private health, dental and counseling services available through community partners in the South Bay
- Multi-session classes for people with chronic or recurring conditions like diabetes, asthma and obesity
- Health lectures for people seeking information about their health concerns—stress management, nutrition and physical activity
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Clinic hours?
- Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
How much will I have to pay for my visit?
- All Office Visits - $50.00 (including Follow-up Visits for Lab Results and Acute Medical Services)
- X-Rays - $30.00 (in addition to Office Visit fee)
- Laboratory fee - $10.00 (in addition to Office Visit fee)
- Durable Medical Equipment (neck/wrist braces, arm slings etc…) - $5, $10 or $15.00
Do I need to make an appointment or can I just walk-in?
- Scheduled appointments are now preferred (appointments are available within 24-48 hrs)
- Limited walk-in appointments are available each day
What if I need a refill of my medication?
- Please call our Central Services Refill Dept at 1-855-359-6322
- It is important to have your preferred pharmacy address and phone number
- If you are a new patient or requesting a new medication, please schedule an appointment
Where should I park?
- Free (2 hour) parking is available in the center island of Hawthorne Blvd.
- Time limits are strictly enforced by the city of Hawthorne
What if I need additional resources, can this Clinic help me?
Our Community Resource Center staff can provide information on the following:
- Diabetic Management Classes
- Low cost MRI/Ultrasounds
- Low cost Women’s Health Care Services (including free/low cost Mammograms)
- Application assistance/eligibility for health insurance programs
- Location of local Shelters, Food banks, and more
||13355 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, California 90250
||View Map & Driving Directions
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care/Family Medicine Center
- Urgent Care