Vasek Polak Health Clinic
The Vasek Polak Health Clinic provides primary care needs for uninsured and under insured adults living in and around the Hawthorne area. It is an appropriate alternative to emergency room care for non-urgent conditions and a “medical home” particularly for adults with chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Quality Medical Care
- Respectful, patient centered care in a friendly, comfortable environment.
- Qualified board certified Nurse Practitioners are on staff to evaluate, diagnose and prescribe appropriate medications.
- Clinical staff follow standardized procedures and document patient care in an electronic medical record.
- A Medical Director overseas the delivery of medical services and consults regularly with the Nurse Practitioners.
- Office visits are $50
- Additional fees for X-Ray and lab tests are incurred only when recommended or deemed necessary and with patient approval.
- Prescriptions are written with cost in mind. We will help you find a low-cost pharmacy near where you work or live.
- Appointments are required. We will try to accommodate same-day visits by appointment.
- We do not accept insurance, but can assist you in optimizing your insurance benefits by scheduling you with a specialist.
- Acute illnesses including flu, strains and sprains, sore throat, sinus infections and coughs.
- Chronic conditions including hypertension, diabetes and asthma.
- Preventative Care.
- Minor injuries including cuts, lacerations or skin punctures.
- Help with referrals beyond the scope of clinic services including linkages to public and private health and dental care.
- Referrals for counseling services available through community partners in the South Bay.
- Free multi-session classes for people with chronic or recurring conditions like diabetes and obesity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Clinic hours?
- Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(Closed for lunch from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
How much will I have to pay for my visit?
- All Office Visits - $50.00 (including Follow-up Visits for Lab Results and Acute Medical Services)
- X-Rays - $30.00 (in addition to Office Visit fee)
- Laboratory fee - $10.00 (in addition to Office Visit fee)
- Durable Medical Equipment (neck/wrist braces, arm slings etc…) - $5, $10 or $15.00
Do I need to make an appointment or can I just walk-in?
- Scheduled appointments are now required. Appointments are usually available within 24-48 hours.
What if I need a refill of my medication?
- Please call our Central Services Refill Department at 855-359-6322.
- If you are running out of your medication prior to your appointment, please let the receptionist know so we can consider refilling it prior to your visit.
- Please note: for Controlled Substances (i.e. opioids, benzodiazepines and some sleep medications) we do not provide routine refills.)
- It is important to have your preferred pharmacy’s address and phone number.
- If you are a new patient or requesting a new medication, please schedule an appointment.
Where should I park?
- Free (2 hour) parking is available in the center island of Hawthorne Blvd.
- Time limits are strictly enforced by the city of Hawthorne
What if I need additional resources, can this Clinic help me?
- Diabetic Management classes
- Low cost MRI/Ultrasound resources
- Low cost Women’s Health care services (including free/low cost mammograms) via referral
- Application assistance/eligibility for health insurance programs
- Location of local shelters, food banks, mental health and substance abuse resources and more