What to Bring
As an inpatient at The Recovery Center, please bring the following items with you:
- Toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, brush, comb, soap, stick deodorant, electric razor, and lotion (No toiletries with alcohol are allowed. For example, some mouthwashes contain alcohol).
- Comfortable clothes - enough for approximately five days. The Recovery Center has a washer and dryer and provides detergent free of charge.
- A lightweight jacket (in case the weather changes).
- If you smoke, please bring your own cigarettes and matches. Smoking is allowed outside.
- Prescribed medications - bring to admission or list completely, along with dosage, times taken, and reason needed (blood pressure, asthma etc).
- Pocket change or a calling card for pay phones. CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED. Many patients bring a roll of quarters which can be used for the phone and snack vending machines. (The Recover Center provides all meals and also opens our stocked kitchen at various times during the day for between-meal snacks.)
- Reading material - only 12 Step Recovery or Spiritual Reading materials (like a Bible) are allowed.