Quality & Safety
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro and Medical Staff are committed to excellence in improving organization performance and patient safety. Performance improvement encompasses all aspects of the organization, the manner in which services are provided; the effectiveness of what is performed; enhancement of safety and reduction of risk for patients, employees, physicians, visitors and volunteers.
Medical Staff Department/Peer Review Committees Responsibility
Medical Staff have responsibility for participating in critical event review, monitoring activities including Peer Review, performance improvement/patient safety and the privileging/ credentialing process.
- Assume leadership in identifying and participating in IOP and patient safety improvement activities.
- Participate in intense analysis of critical events.
- Identify trends in practice.
- Follow practice patterns over time.
- Review processes and outcomes.
- Review and apply evidence-based practice to the improvement of clinical processes/outcomes of care.
- Review, analyze and report physician practice patterns based on Medical Staff Rules & Regulations and Bylaws.
- Review and make recommendations to medical staff leadership and the board on credentialing and privileging requests.