Benefits of volunteering
Give a little, get a lot!
Volunteers are a vital part of our ministry, helping us serve patients and our community. In exchange for your time and talents, you will reap the rewards of providing compassionate care to those in need.
If you join our team, you will:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Provide compassion and support to patients and loved ones
- Help us improve the hospital experience for patients
- Develop new skills
- Become part of a team
- Enjoy cafeteria and gift shop discounts
- Opportunity to attend Auxiliary luncheons and Annual Awards event
One of the most important reasons for becoming a Providence Little Company of Mary Volunteer is to make a positive impact on the community.
We are proud to offer our volunteers a unique and diverse experience. We have many rewarding volunteer opportunities working with patients, helping families and visitors, and assisting hospital staff. Examples include:
- Provide information and directions to visitors, patients and staff
- Greet visitors and escort patients
- Serve in our surgery department and nursing units
- Deliver flowers and mail to patients
- Assist customers in the Auxiliary Gift Shop
- Perform general office duties
- Help staff with special projects
- And more!
We cannot guarantee assignments, but we attempt to place volunteers in assignments that will make the best use of their talents, based on the needs of the hospital.