Adult Volunteer Program
Requirements and process for joining
Thank you for your interest in applying to our program. Because volunteers are a vital part of our team, we have some requirements. Placement in a volunteer assignment is based on volunteer’s availability, skills and suitability as well as current openings and hospital needs. Volunteer placement is not guaranteed.
Before applying to our program, be sure you can commit to the following expectations:
- Must be at least 18 years old and out of High School
- Commit to serve as a volunteer for one year, fulfilling an assigned four-hour shift each week.
- Commit to a serving a minimum of 100 hours
- Attend a mandatory 4 hour orientation
- Pass a TB blood test provided by Providence
- Pass a criminal background check provided by Providence
- Complete 8 hours of training (two 4-hour training sessions)
- Able to provide their own uniform (white pants, white shirt and white shoes)
- Purchase a Providence volunteer jacket
- Join the Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro Volunteer Auxiliary with annual dues of $15 and attend luncheon events
Because our Volunteer Program is focused on volunteer services, it is not considered a step to employment. If you wish to seek employment at Providence Little Company of Mary, please see our current job listings at http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs.