Expert Back and Neck Care
At Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, back support means more than performing procedures. It means understanding that each person's experience with back pain is unique. It means applying the most up-to-date diagnostic technologies to pinpoint the cause of your pain, and providing the best evidence-based treatments to relieve it. It means using conservative therapies to help you avoid surgery whenever possible. And when surgery is necessary, it means teaming you up with experts who are at the forefront of advancing surgical techniques.
As a leader in back and neck care, our team has the high level of expertise that comes from treating hundreds of people with spinal conditions every year. We treat conditions ranging from herniated discs and low-back or neck pain to more complex problems, such as spinal tumors, scoliosis and spine fractures.
Throughout your care at Providence Saint Joseph, our team will partner with you to ease your way through the healing process – because back support means more here.
Meet Our Spine Surgeons ›
In addition to a full range of widely used procedures, our patients have access to many innovative procedures and treatments. Our surgical services include:
- Minimally invasive cervical and lumbar techniques
- Motion-sparing surgery, such as artificial disc replacement
- Complex revision spine surgery
- Innovative surgical techniques for spinal tumors
- Computerized 3-D surgery
- Painless, non-invasive radiosurgery with the Cyberknife
- New treatments and opportunities through clinical trials
Many of our patients get excellent pain relief from non-surgical therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine (physiatry)
- Pain-relieving injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Epidural steroid injections
- Radiofrequency neurotomy, facet denervation and rhizotomy (injection procedures to quiet nerve pain)
- Disc biacuplasty (a treatment for damaged discs that uses heat to interrupt pain signals)