Pharmacy Residency Program
At Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, we are committed to providing an environment with advanced education and training experiences. The Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency program builds upon the Doctor of Pharmacy education and challenges each resident to realize his or her maximum potential.
Pharmacy residents will gain advanced knowledge and experience in:
- Clinical, evidence-based decision making in a variety of specialties and patient populations
- Being an effective part of an interdisciplinary team
- Leadership, teaching, and precepting
- Administration and the intricate workings of hospital committees, such as
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T)
- Medication Safety
- Innovative technology and new pharmacy initiatives
Our dedicated preceptors and well-rounded program structure support pharmacy residents in achieving professional competence in delivering patient-centered care.