How the Hospitalist Program Benefits You, the Patient
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center is pleased to introduce the Obstetric and Gynecologic (OB/GYN) hospitalist program that allows hospital-based, OB/GYN physicians (hospitalists) to focus on providing consistent care to patients in the hospital, as well as emergent care to those arriving in Labor and Delivery. To support this initiative, Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center is partnering with Ob Hospitalist Group (OBHG), the industry’s largest dedicated OB/GYN hospitalist provider.
Our shared mission is to enhance the standard of women’s healthcare by ensuring every expectant mother is treated by a physician regardless of time, location, complication or circumstance.
OB/GYN Physician Availability
- Board Certified, OB/GYN hospitalists are immediately available on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- In the event that your physician is not available, OB/GYN hospitalists can examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor, review test results and fetal heart rate tracings. They will address any evolving issues and provide you and your baby with a safe delivery.
- Due to their primary focus of hospital-based treatment, hospitalists are experts at providing emergent care and are on-site if an emergency occurs.
- Our hospitalists will be in communication with your physician and will have access to your prior medical records.
- If your physician is unavailable or delayed reaching the hospital, a Board Certified OB/GYN hospitalist can provide medical expertise and optimal patient care, as well as answer any questions you or your family may have.
- Our hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of different delivery techniques.
- In addition to being board certified, our hospitalists are required to maintain high levels of clinical performance and professional standards.
- Hospitalists place a high value on maintaining communication with other professionals within the hospital including your physician, medical and surgical consultants, discharge planners, social workers, clergy and others.
- OB/GYN hospitalists can expedite care for you and can easily facilitate connections with providers of home health care, skilled nursing, specialized rehabilitation and others.
- Being hospital-based, the OB/GYN hospitalists will always be on-site to visit you, monitor progress or discuss your questions/concerns or those of your family.
The Best for You and Your Baby
You want the best care for you and your baby. And so do we. Your physician will make sure the OB/GYN hospitalist on-site has your complete medical records. The OB/GYN hospitalist caring for you in your doctor’s absence will deliver a complete treatment report to your doctor so your continued treatment is thorough and consistent. Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, is committed to providing excellent patient care and delivering the best outcome possible with every patient encounter. The OBHG hospitalist program is a key component in elevating the standard of women’s healthcare and increasing patient safety and satisfaction of women, newborns and their families.