Surgery is only one stop in the weight loss journey. After dramatic weight loss, you may notice unwanted loose or sagging skin.
Our plastic surgeons can reshape your body to better accommodate your new weight profile. From tummy tucks to breast contouring and face lifts, we can get you one step closer to the person you’ve always wanted to be.
First, consult with a plastic surgeon to learn how body contouring can help boost your health and improve your appearance. A consultation, which is designed to educate you without any pressure, may include a discussion of:
- Your goals and an evaluation of your individual situation
- Body contouring surgical options
- Likely outcomes of body contouring procedures and any associated risks or potential complications
- The course of treatment recommended by your plastic surgeon
- Any questions you may have
The results of body contouring are visible almost immediately. However, it may take as long as one to two years for the final results of all the recommended body contouring procedures to appear fully. The results of body contouring following major weight loss are typically long lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness and scars may be visible. However, most of your initial improvement should stick.