With minimally-invasive surgery, patients benefit over traditional surgery in the following ways:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Higher precision with assisted visualization
- Quicker return to home, work and normal activities
- Less pain and smaller doses of pain relievers than patients undergoing traditional surgeries
- Smaller, less noticeable scars
- Reduced chance of complications or infections
Not everyone is a candidate for minimally-invasive surgery. Your surgeon will carefully determine if you are a candidate and discuss your options with you.