Launched initially in 2012, Providence Partners for Health LLC (PPH) is a physician-led and governed organization designed to:
- Promote clinical integration by bringing physicians together as leaders to drive Triple-Aim clinical excellence across the Providence California Region; and
- Create value-added opportunities for community physicians through strategic alignment with Providence.
Currently, we have over 1,100 physician members in PPH representing all six Providence California ministries, every clinical specialty, and various practice types.
PPH is a Unique Opportunity for Interested Physicians
- Physician-led and governed: PPH is a limited liability company (LLC) jointly owned by physicians (50%) and Providence (50%) with a 15-member Board, including 9 physicians and 6 Providence representatives
- Strategic Alignment: PPH is structured to enable physicians to come together as strategic partners with Providence (the second largest health system in LA County), while still maintaining their independence, including control over their clinical data
- Non-exclusive: Physicians in PPH can also participate in other clinical integration and accountable care efforts
- Flexible structure: At present, PPH is not structured to be an Accountable Care Organization (ACO), although it has the flexibility to evolve into one in the future at the discretion of the PPH Board
To learn more about joining PPH, please email PPH Director of Operations, Eric Becker. The next offering period will open on April 1, 2016. At present, a one-unit share in PPH will cost $1,000 per physician.