At Providence Medical Institute our family medicine physicians are often quoted as saying, “one of our greatest satisfactions is establishing personal relationships with each of our patients and proactively helping them to stay healthy.” A family medicine provider will see patients of all ages, which can be a big help to families who may have someone navigating a particular health condition, establishing new nutritional goals or even maintaining their health through regular screenings.
The benefits of a family medicine physician are many, beginning with their role as your healthcare advocate. At Providence we are committed to the complete care of the individual patient, and will help you maintain your health, ensuring you receive appropriate screenings and access to more complex care based on your condition.
Family medicine services include:
- Preventive care, screenings and immunizations
- Sick and urgent visits
- Care of skin disorders
- Heart health (hypertension, blood pressure management,
cholesterol management, etc.)
- Respiratory care (asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, etc.)
- Endocrine care (thyroid, metabolism, etc.)
- Back and joint problems
- Gastrointestinal care
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Diet, exercise, and nutrition
- Anxiety and depression