Vasek Polak Health Clinic
The Vasek Polak Health Clinic provides primary care needs for uninsured and under insured adults living in and around the Hawthorne area. It is an appropriate alternative to emergency room care for non-urgent conditions and a “medical home” particularly for adults with chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Quality Medical Care
- Clinical staff follows standardized procedures and document patient care in an electronic medical record
- Qualified, board certified nurse practitioners are on staff to evaluate, diagnose and prescribe appropriate medications
- Respectful, patient-centered care provided in a friendly, comfortable environment
- A Medical Director oversees the delivery of medical services and consults regularly with nurse practitioners
- Office visits are $50
- Additional fees for X-ray and lab tests are incurred only with patient approval
- Prescriptions are written with cost in mind. We will help you find a low-cost pharmacy near where you work or live
- We are open on Saturdays and offer extended weekday hours
- While appointments are preferred, walk-ins are welcome
- We do not accept insurance but will provide a receipt that you can submit for reimbursement to your health insurance company
- Acute illnesses, including flu, strains and sprains, sore throat, sinus infections and coughs• Chronic conditions including hypertension, diabetes and asthma
- Preventive care including physicals and immunizations
- Minor injuries including cuts, lacerations or skin punctures but excluding fractures, head and eye injuries
- Help with referrals beyond the scope of clinic services including linkage to public and private health, dental and counseling services available through community partners in the South Bay
- Multi-session classes for people with chronic or recurring conditions like diabetes, asthma and obesity
- Single-topic health lectures for people seeking information about their current health such as stress management, nutrition and physical activity
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Clinic hours?
- Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
How much will I have to pay for my visit?
- All Office Visits - $50.00 (including Follow-up Visits for Lab Results and Acute Medical Services)
- X-Rays - $30.00 (in addition to Office Visit fee)
- Laboratory fee - $10.00 (in addition to Office Visit fee)
- Durable Medical Equipment (neck/wrist braces, arm slings etc…) - $5, $10 or $15.00
Do I need to make an appointment or can I just walk-in?
- Scheduled appointments are now preferred (appointments are available within 24-48 hrs)
- Limited walk-in appointments are available each day
What if I need a refill of my medication?
- Please call our Central Services Refill Dept at 1-855-359-6322
- It is important to have your preferred pharmacy address and phone number
- If you are a new patient or requesting a new medication, please schedule an appointment
Where should I park?
- Free (2 hour) parking is available in the center island of Hawthorne Blvd.
- Time limits are strictly enforced by the city of Hawthorne
What if I need additional resources, can this Clinic help me?
- Our Community Resource Center staff can provide information on the following:
- Diabetic Management classes
- Low cost MRI/Ultrasounds
- Low cost Women's Health Care Services (including free/low cost Mammograms)
- Application assistance/eligibility for health insurance programs
- Location of local Shelters, Food banks, and more