For Patients & Visitors
Welcome! Providence Medical Institute is a non-profit physician services organization of primary and specialty care providers serving the South Bay, San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita communities. We have 27 medical offices and seven urgent care locations for your convenience.
Scheduling an Appointment
Current patients can request appointments online using MyChart or by calling the provider’s office. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment and bring your ID, health plan card and copayment.
If you want your records, or your child’s records, transferred from your previous provider please complete a Medical Records release form.
- Medical Records Release Form
If you or your child currently take medication, please bring the actual container with you to the appointment. If you take over-the-counter medications including vitamins, supplements or herbs, please make a list of those items and their strength or the quantity you take, and bring that information with you to your appointment.
Good communication is essential for good health
Open and honest dialog between the patient and provider is an important step to obtaining your best health. Following are some suggestions on how to make the most of each visit.
- Write down your concerns or symptoms and bring the information with you to the appointment.
- Make a list of questions you want to ask your provider.
- Ask your provider to clarify or repeat information if you are not sure you understand their directions.
- If you have uncertainty about the medication your provider prescribes, please discuss this during your appointment. Otherwise your provider will expect you’re going to take the medication.
- Take notes during your visit to help you remember steps you need to take in your treatment plan.
|“Good physicians know that their patients need them to listen and be engaged in their health”
- Derek Williams, M.D., Providence Medical Institute
Medical Records Requests
Patients who need to obtain a copy of their medical records can contact their physician’s office.