Guardians of the Future
Your decision to include the Institute in your estate planning allows you to support life-saving research and leave a legacy for future generations. This simple act of generosity will serve as a testament to your vision, and it will be your gift of a lifetime.
There are many ways to make a planned gift that will support the Institute and also provide you with benefits such as reducing taxes and providing financial security.
Gifts of Stock
Contributing stocks or other appreciated assets can increase the value of your gift and reduce your taxes. Donating appreciated stock or property enables you to deduct the fair market value of the investment asset while avoiding capital gains tax. Download the stock donation form
When you name John Wayne Cancer Institute as a beneficiary of a gift or bequest, your generosity will be recognized in perpetuity on the Guardians of the Future donor wall in the Institute lobby.
The following designation should be used:
I hereby make the following specific gift, free of all estate taxes, to John Wayne Cancer Institute, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization located at 2200 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404 to be used to support the highest priorities of the Institute:
_____ % (percentage) of my estate (or) $ _________ (dollar) amount (or) a description of a specific property.
John Wayne Cancer Institute
2200 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Federal Tax I.D. #95-4291515
California Exempt #38211637
Plan for your retirement, provide for family members and fund educational expenses by creating a charitable trust. Gifts can be funded with cash or appreciated securities. The benefits vary, but most charitable trust arrangements can do the following:
- Provide annual payments for you and/or your spouse or another person
- Reduce your tax bill with a charitable income tax deduction
- Enable you to "unlock" income from highly appreciated but low yielding assets
- Delaying, or altogether avoiding capital gains tax
- Offer professional investment management
- Save on estate and gift taxes
Guardians of the Future
When you provide written notification that the Institute has been included in your estate plans, you will become a Guardians of the Future member and receive these special benefits:
- Recognition on our donor wall and in our annual honor roll
- Invitation to exclusive Institute events including educational symposia with reserved seating
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the John Wayne Cancer Institute
- Be our guest at the annual planned giving recognition luncheon
- Our planned giving newsletter and biannual magazine
- An annual commemorative gift
- Access to our team’s planned giving expertise as well as other planned giving resource referrals
We invite you to become a member today. It’s this simple: Complete a review of your will, living trust or other retirement arrangement and include the John Wayne Cancer Institute as a charitable beneficiary.
If you'd like more information or if you've already made provisions for the Institute in your estate plans, please contact Andy Trilling, VP, Principal Gifts at 310-449-5246 or email: email@example.com.