Critical Care Patient And Family Support
Supporting your Critically Ill Family Member
Families are encouraged to wait in the Critical Care Waiting Room when not with the patient. Only two visitors are allowed in the patient's room at a time.
Please designate only one family member to make phone inquiries and to be responsible for communicating information to other family members. Due to patient privacy laws, staff can give only limited information over the phone.
The hospital Chaplain is available at the request of either the patient or family. Our Chapel is open 24-hours a day and is located in the 3rd floor of the hospital.
All of the patient's personal belongings, except toiletries essential for the patient's care, should be taken home by the family.
Critical Care Waiting Room
The Critical Care waiting room is located outside the entrance to the Critical Care Unit and is used as the designated waiting area for the immediate family of the critically ill patient. The cafeteria and gift shop are located near the main lobby on the first floor of the hospital.
No visitors under 12 years of age at any time. Limit of 3 visitors per patient; however only 2 visitors will be allowed in the patient room at a time. The third visitor must wait in the ICU waiting room. Visiting hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., 4 – 7 p.m., 8:30 – 10 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., 4 – 7 p.m., 8:30 – 10 p.m.
While using this waiting room, we ask for your cooperation in the following:
- When away from the waiting room, please leave information on how you may be reached with the Registration Desk.
- The use of the waiting room for overnight accommodations is not allowed.
- Please respect other families using the waiting room and keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Smoking is prohibited in the hospital. Please ask the registration desk for directions to the closest designated smoking area.
- Cellular phones are not permitted in the Critical Care waiting room. Please go to the main lobby to use your cell phone.
- The main lobby on the first floor of the hospital can be used to accommodate extended families.