Eight Southern California Providence St. Joseph Health Hospitals Earn ‘U.S. News & World Report’ Accolades
August 16, 2018
Eight Providence St. Joseph Health hospitals were named this week to U.S. News and World Report’s prestigious 2018-19 Best Regional Hospitals for Southern California.
“Southern California has some of the nation’s top hospitals and to stand among them is an incredible honor,” said Erik G. Wexler, chief executive, Providence St. Joseph Health Southern California. “We learn from one another and share our best practices and our expertise with the goal of providing the highest quality care in the communities we serve.”
The eight hospitals include (in order of U.S. News
- Mission Hospital, Mission Viejo
- St. Jude Medical Center, Fullerton
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Mission Hills (3-way tie)
- Providence Saint John’s Health Center, Santa Monica
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center (2-way tie)
The regional rankings were included in the U.S. News 2018-19 Best Hospitals rankings. The 29th annual rankings are designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to receive care.
The 2018-19 rankings compared more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide across 25 specialties, procedures and conditions.
For patients seeking care close to home, U.S. News also recognized the Best Regional Hospitals in 200 metro areas and regions across the U.S., ranking them based on their performance in delivering complex and common care.