Building for Your Family’s Future
Providence Holy Cross is investing where our community needs it most – in expanded facilities, sophisticated technology and new education and training opportunities for our NICU patients and caregivers. We look forward to partnering with our community to achieve a transformation in newborn health care.
We are increasing our capacity by 50%: from 12 beds to 18
We are upgrading to the latest generation of technology and equipment
- Our community continues to grow and we are committed to keeping pace with your needs. Increasing our NICU by 50% will enable us to meet your needs for the next 5-10 years.
- To limit disruption, we have a thoughtful plan to expand our current floor plan in three smaller stages.
- When completed, parents will no longer face the prospect of their child being transferred to another hospital that is further away while mom continues to recuperate at PHC.
- GE/Phillips Giraffe Omnibed Carestation: These sophisticated incubators provide a nurturing and protective environment that simulates a mother’s womb. It also can serve as a sophisticated surgical bay should the baby require a procedure within a precisely controlled environment.
- Natus NICView Webcam System: One of the best ways to give parents comfort despite feeling separated from their child is to offer a secure, password-protected video link that operates 24 hours per day. Parent decide who gets access, and friends and family from any location can sign in to see how baby is doing.
- Timeless Breastmilk Barcoding System: Feeding breastmilk to a newborn requires a few extra steps when they are in an incubator. To ensure each baby receives the freshest milk at the right time from their mother, a special system is used to properly code and track each bottle.
- Bilisoft Lighting System (warming stations): Preemies have hard time regulating their body temperature and many suffer from jaundice. The most effective way to help them is with a warming light bath with gentle ultraviolet therapy.
- Continuing training and education: Our caregivers are committed to providing the highest quality care possible. Part of that promise entails periodic training courses to learn about new technology and techniques that benefit their patients.