The Gathering Place is a center for loss and life transitions, offering counseling to those in the community who have suffered the death of a loved one from any cause. Bereavement Support Groups for children, adolescents and adults help ease the transition, and offer support from people who understand the emotions and difficulties that are part of the grieving process.
For information on any of our support groups, call 310-546-6407.
- Loss of Spouse – A support group for those who have experienced the death of a spouse or partner
- Moving Forward at The Gathering Place – A loss of spouse workshop for those who have completed the Loss of Spouse group and want to discover who they are now and what they want in the next phase of their lives
- Adult Loss of Parent – A support group for those who have experienced the death of a parent
- Loss of a Child – A support group for parents and guardians who have experienced the death of a child
- Little Kids Can– A support group for children ages 5 to 8 who have experienced the death of a loved one. Parents/Guardians of 5-8 olds meet concurrently.
- Big Kids Can – A support group for children ages 9 to 12 who have experienced the death of a loved one. Parents/Guardians of 9-12 year olds meet concurrently.
- TAG – A support group for teenagers who have experienced the death of a loved one. Parents/Guardians of teen members meet concurrently.
- YAG – Young adults ages 19 – 26 experiencing a loss of family member or friend.
Our community education outreach effort supplies information on bereavement and loss to the community, as well as referrals to community resources and professionals. For more information, please call 310-546-6407 or email us.
The Gathering Place is a program of Providence TrinityCare Hospice, a nonprofit organization. The Gathering Place is funded in part by the Providence TrinityCare Hospice Foundation, Beach Cities Health District, Christ Episcopal Church and donations and grants from organizations and individuals.