Faith Community Health Partners
The Faith Community Health Partnership connects Providence Holy Cross, Providence Saint Joseph and Providence Tarzana Medical Centers with congregations of faith to develop and nurture heath ministries in those congregations. With support from the clergy, health professionals and interested persons come together to form a health ministry.
Faith Community Health Partnership offers the following:
- Health screenings during health fairs/health events including blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose screening. Includes cost of test strips, equipment, and licensed personnel
- Height, Weight, Body Mass Index (BMI) screening, including health counseling
- TB tests for health ministry volunteers
- Resource for speakers on health issues through the speakers bureau at Providence St. Joseph, Providence Holy Cross and Providence Tarzana Medical Centers
- Blood Drive through Providence St. Joseph, Providence Holy Cross and Providence Tarzana Medical Centers
- Assist with teaching in providing special interest classes, i.e. Memory Improvement, CPR/1st Aid
- Quarterly Gatherings that provide free CEU's, ongoing education, support network. Meal provided. All members of the health teams are encouraged to attend.
- Monthly spiritual growth support and study group for faith community nurses/health ministers
- Use of resources through the Faith Community Nurse Library (includes videos, DVD's, books, 3d education models)
- Resource for providing coordination of services, i.e. mammograms, pap smears, prostate screenings
- Resource for planning of health fairs
- Provides opportunities for networking with other health professionals through the Faith Community Health Partnership and encourages collaboration with area congregations
- Provides for assessment tools for congregation to assess their health needs
- Ongoing support through the Faith Community Health Nurse Coordinator/Partnership
- Administrative costs absorbed by the Faith Community Health Partnership
Phone Number: 818-847-3980.