Volunteer requirements for Providence Medical Centers are easily met. People of all ages, backgrounds and abilities who want to help others can become volunteers. An initial interview matches each volunteer's interest, talent and schedule to the Medical Centers' needs. All volunteers attend an orientation to introduce them to the Providence Mission And Core Values, as well as become familiar with various departmental functions before beginning assignments.
The list of requirements includes:
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years old.
- A record of volunteer service is maintained so volunteers can be honored with appropriate awards at our annual Volunteer Recognition festivities.
- Volunteers must submit a signed application, contract and confidentiality statement.
- Volunteers must take a tuberculosis test, provided free of charge by the Providence Employee Health Department.
- All volunteers are required to work a minimum of 4 hours per week with a commitment of 100 hours.
- Volunteers must wear the Providence Tarzana ID badge and volunteer uniform when volunteering, to make it easy for the staff, patients and their families to recognize them.
For more information about becoming a volunteer at Providence Tarzana Medical Center, call 818-708-5694.