Outpatient Nutritional Services
In collaboration with your physician, we offer education and assistance with developing personalized nutrition plans to promote healthy eating and address a variety of medical problems. Services are provided by experienced registered dietitians (RD). Our registered dietitians are credentialed health professionals who have been trained in the science of food and nutrition. The RD will provide you with expert, practical nutrition advice. They will separate facts from fads and translate nutritional science into information that you can use to improve your health and fight disease.
Our Areas of Nutrition Counseling Expertise:
- Weight Management
- High Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Diabetes, Type 1 (insulin dependent), Diabetes Type 2, and Gestational Diabetes
- Kidney Disease
- Celiac Disease and Other Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Gastrointestinal Disorder
- Eating Disorders
What to Expect from this Program:
- You will be provided with a personalized diet instruction based on mutually determined goals
- You will receive an individualized meal plan and nutrition education related to your health goals
- You will learn practical skills such as reading food labels, dining out, portion control, behavior modification, and food preparation tips
- Your physician will receive a written summary of your nutrition care plan
Involving Family Members:
We encourage clients to bring another support person to sit in on counseling sessions. Interpreters and special assistance for the hearing impaired or other disabilities can be arranged with advance notice.
For further nutrition information – please access the Academy of Nurtrition and Dietetics website.
- Achievement or maintenance of desirable weight status
- Improved management of medical conditions
- Increased energy levels
- New knowledge for making healthier food selection and preparation choices
- Possible reduction or elimination of cholesterol or blood pressure-lowering medications
- Reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and other diseases with dietary risk factors
By improving your eating habits – you are taking steps to “a healthier you”
Appointments are available Monday through Friday. A variety of times are available to best accommodate your needs.
To Schedule an Appointment
Call 818-847-3550 to request an appointment for medical nutrition therapy. A physician’s written approval or prescription is required, specifying dietary modifications and diagnosis. The schedulers will advise you of all the necessary forms and items that you will need to bring to register and for your appointment. For your appointment with the registered dietitian, please bring a list of your medications, vitamins, other pills or supplements, blood lab data, and written record of everything that you consumed for one day
Your insurance may or may not cover medical nutrition therapy, depending on your diagnosis and specific plan benefits. We encourage you to check with your insurance provider to determine your coverage. If your insurance company will be billed for services, a written authorization form will be required.
If medical nutrition therapy is not covered under your plan, self-pay options are available to you.
The IRS recognizes nutrition therapy in the treatment and prevention of disease as a deductible medical expense.