For the Future
As part of the Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center's Hycy & Howard Neuroscience Institute, a highly specialized neurosciences patient care unit opened in Fall 2012. This new neurosciences unit located on 4 North includes:
- 32 Telemetry Beds; 2 Neurotelemetry Rooms for Seizure/Epilepsy Monitoring
- All Neurologically involved patients co-located together
- Specialty Trained, Clinical Focus on Neurology, and Certified Nurses and Clinicians
- Interdisciplinary Team Model: Clinical Rounding and Case Conferences
Our Neuroscience Institute offers some of the most comprehensive care in the San Fernando Valley and currently includes the following programmatic building blocks:
- CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities )-Accredited Rehab Unit
- Neurology, Neurosurgery, Spine Care
- Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Neuro-Imaging
- Movement Disorders Center
- Neurovascular Center
Going forward, we will continue to add an Epilepsy Program, Neuro-Critical Care, Neurology Clinic and Clinical Research to complete the Institute Model of Care.
We look forward with great anticipation to the opening of our new unit and to expanding the programs we offer, as our vision becomes reality.