Preparing for Delivery
Providence Saint John's knows how important it is to prepare for delivery. It's a good idea to be prepared at least one month in advance of the arrival of a baby so that essential items aren’t overlooked in the last-minute rush to the delivery room.
The following is a recommended checklist of items and important information to complete before the big day arrives.
- Make a reservation for a tour of the McAlister Women's Health Center three months in advance of the requested day of attendance. A brochure of important information about pre-admission, resources at Providence Saint John’s, arriving and leaving the hospital will be provided during the tour.
- Attend prenatal education classes. Providence Saint John's offers childbirth, baby basics and breastfeeding classes to all expectant parents (delivery at Providence Saint John’s is not a requirement to take the classes.)
- Have written directions and/or a map of the health center ready, in the event of an emergency or if the person taking the expectant mother to the hospital is unfamiliar with the facility.
- Complete pre-registration with Providence Saint John's two months before the due date by filling out the pre-registration form and mail or fax to:
- Providence Saint John’s Health Center
2121 Santa Monica Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Interview and choose a pediatrician before the due date who meets your family’s needs.
- Have an approved infant car seat already secured in the back seat of the new parents’ vehicle, ready for the trip home.