When choosing where to deliver your baby, you want a place with a tradition of excellence, one generations of families have chosen for their care. Providence Saint John’s Health Center has been the trusted source for new beginnings for more than 70 years. Our team of physicians, nurses and other caregivers is exceptionally experienced and for many decades has provided a safe, private and compassionate environment for mothers and newborns. Our complete commitment to your care is evident the moment you step into the McAlister Women’s Health Center.
Maternity services include:
- Labor, delivery and recovery rooms. Beautifully designed and equipped with state-of-the-art technology, a daybed for your birth partner and many rooms with views of Santa Monica.
- Women's health services deluxe suites, offering enhanced surroundings, including larger rooms, dining options and extra amenities. For information on cost and availabilities, please call 310-829-8887.
- C-section suites.
- Mother/baby care (couplet care,) which means mothers keep their newborns by their side as much as they wish to promote uninterrupted bonding.
- Laborist program that ensures an experienced ob/gyn physician is available 24/7. The laborist physician will be at your side until your physician arrives at the hospital.
- In-house anesthesiologist specializing in obstetric pain management is available 24/7.
- Labor pain management options. In addition to epidurals, we are the only hospital on the Westside to offer nitrous oxide during labor. This colorless and tasteless gas is inhaled via a mask, giving you a less invasive option for pain management. Unlike an epidural, nitrous oxide gives you full mobility during all stages of labor. If you want to learn more about nitrous oxide, please ask your OB-GYN or midwife for more information.
- Medical support for mothers who choose vaginal births after past Cesarean deliveries – known as VBAC.
- Advanced diagnostic testing and monitoring.
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is available for high-risk deliveries or when extra attention is required after delivery. Our partner, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA), collaborates with our medical staff to provide 24/7 neonatologist coverage in our NICU, enhancing the outstanding level of care provided to our most fragile infants.
- Comprehensive breastfeeding education and support group program from certified lactation specialists.
- Complete care for high-risk pregnancies, including a perinatologist on staff who can provide expectant mothers with the following services:
- Advanced ultrasound monitoring of maternal and fetal health
- Genetic counseling
- Diabetes education
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tests
- Classes on childbirth, breastfeeding and baby care along with detailed hospital tours.
The personalized pregnancy and childbirth service at Providence Saint John’s happens because our physicians, nurses and other caregivers are passionate about patient care. Our nursing staff is experienced in labor and delivery and supports the mother’s physician-approved delivery choice, accommodating birth plans. The nurses create a safe and trusted environment for the mother and have established relationships that extend to generations of families.
Call 888-HEALING (432-5464) to schedule a tour, sign up for a class, find a physician or schedule an appointment with our maternity experts.