At Saint John’s Health Center, we offer people with movement disorders specialized care that includes an accurate diagnosis, individualized treatment plans, and, when appropriate, state-of-the-art functional neurosurgical treatment.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Atypical Parkinsonism (dementia with Lewy bodies, progressive supranuclear palsy, multiple system atrophy, corticobasal degeneration, primary freezing of gait)
- Hemifacial spasm
- Gait disorders and ataxia
- Tics and Tourette syndrome
- Personalized medication plans with the latest drugs
- Botulinum toxin (Botox®) injections
- Deep brain simulation evaluation, placement, programming and battery replacement
An accurate diagnosis is key for anyone with a movement disorder. This includes a detailed clinical evaluation by a movement disorders specialist, along with diagnostic tests such as MRI and blood work. We are pleased to offer DaTscan, a new imaging technique that accurately distinguishes whether a tremor is caused by Parkinson’s or something else.
Here, everyone receives a personalized medication treatment plan with a holistic approach in which all symptoms are considered. We offer treatment with Botox for hemifacial spasm, spasticity, dystonia, migraine, blepharospasm and tics. Depending on the diagnosis, we also evaluate if deep brain stimulation could improve quality of life.
This minimally invasive procedure can help improve quality of life for those suffering from conditions like Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor and dystonia.