Providence Health & Services is a Catholic not-for-profit organization with a deep tradition of providing quality, faith-based care. Providence respects all faiths, and believes faith is important to healing.
Our interfaith approach to spiritual care allows chaplains to serve the unique needs of patients, family members and our staffs. The chaplains focus on supporting the deeper spiritual meaning and understanding of suffering and sickness, health and wellness. We offer this ministry through direct service, education and consultation in the compassion and charge of God's love.
Our chaplains are professionally trained women and men who work throughout our hospitals and work with healthcare teams to serve our patients. The Spiritual Care Department also includes trained volunteers and chaplaincy students.
- Spiritual and emotional support to patients and family members.
- Ministry to staff members.
- Morning and evening prayer is offered over the public address system.
- The chapel is available to all and is open for everyone as a place of quiet meditation and prayer.
- Catholic Mass, Communion Services and other seasonal worship services.
- The Sacrament of the Sick, Reconciliation and Communion are available upon request.
- Memorial Service are held biannually for loved ones to honor patients who have died.
- Special services are conducted in accordance with the seasonal calendar.
- Providence Chaplains in the Spiritual Care department are committed to seeing that your faith, beliefs and values are honored while you are here and to provide you with excellent care.