Applying to Providence, CA Transition Into Practice (TIP) Nurse Residency and Fellowship Program
Program Start Time and Application Processes:
The TIP programs are typically offered three times per year, Winter, Spring, and Fall. We encourage you to check this site periodically for updated program information and open application acceptance dates.
- The August, 2017 program application period was from May 15th through May 31st and is now closed.
- Application windows will be announced approximately 3 months prior to the start of each program.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Active California RN license in good standing
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers (AHA) – (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ACR) – (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider)
- Strong priority will be given to BSN and MSN prepared candidates
- ACLS and other unit specific certifications are preferred at hire but may be required within 30, 60, or 90 days of hire depending on the unit
How to Apply
Submit your online application for the hospital(s) that you are interested in. Direct links to the applications for each of our ministries are provided during the open application period. You are encouraged to create an applicant profile with the required documents (see below) in advance of the application period to simplify the process for you at www.providenceiscalling.jobs
The August, 2017 application period is now closed
Please note: Providence Tarzana Medical Center will not be participating in the TIP program for this cohort due to hospital construction.
Please be prepared to provide and attach the following documents along with your online application:
- Three references: one from a clinical instructor on school letterhead (for residents/new grads only), one from a previous and/or current employer (for fellows and if applicable for residents), and one personal reference
- Letter of Intent which includes why you are interested in Providence Health & Services, the values you will bring to the organization, and how our program will help further your professional career and goals