For stroke patients, faster care means a better outcome. During the first few hours of a stroke, treatments and interventions are crucial to prevent any disabilities or even death. It’s important that patients have access to a stroke specialist at a moment’s notice.
Our telestroke service provides comprehensive stroke care 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to every patient at a local hospital without an on-call stroke specialist. Using a secure two-way video audio system connected via Internet, a Providence neurologist is able to see and speak with you, your family and local care providers even when you’re miles away. The neurologist will assess your condition and determine the proper treatment.
Our comprehensive stroke program includes:
- Expert service from initial evaluation through follow-up
- A full-time dedicated team led by an experienced telestroke neurologist and nurse coordinator
- 24/7 on call neurosurgeons, interventional radiologist and neurointerventionist
- 24/7 critical care transport system available for transporting to a higher level of care
- Support and tools to enhance quality in stroke patient outcomes
- Close partnership between all sites to maintain safe and fair care to every stroke patient