The Tattoo Removal Program at Providence Holy Cross is designed to serve individuals who desire removal of visible gang-related or anti-social tattoos. Since February of 1998, the Providence Tattoo Removal Program has removed thousands of tattoos from hundreds of community members. These clients found that their tattoos prevented them from finding good jobs, getting promotions and/or made it difficult for them to make positive changes in their lives.
In the past, individuals who wished to have tattoos removed were treated with methods such as dermabrasion, salabrasion and surgical excision. These traditional methods often resulted in scarring. The Tattoo Removal Program affiliated with Providence Health & Services uses the latest in laser technology to remove tattoos. The laser produces an intense beam of light in short flashes (called pulses) that pass harmlessly through the top layers of skin. This laser energy breaks up the tattoo pigment into smaller particles, which are then removed by the body's immune system. Get more information on the process of tattoo removal.
Thanks to a team of dedicated physicians who volunteer their time, the laser tattoo removal treatments are provided in our community outreach center. To learn more about this program, please call the Providence Community Center for Health Improvement at 818-847-3860.
Eligibility for the Community Service Tattoo Removal Program
- You must want to remove your gang-related and/or anti-social tattoos in an attempt to improve your life.
- You must have a gang-related or anti-social tattoo.
- The tattoo must be visible (tattoos on the lower arms, hands, face, neck and/or head)
- You must be a resident of the San Fernando or greater Santa Clarita Valleys.
- You must be willing to do community service or attend school.